Udemy Courses are one of the best and cheapest way to learn a variety of topics ranging from Web Development, Software Development, Graphics Design, Photography, Music, Finance, Accounting, Self Help, Health and fitness.
Udemy has its sale at various times during a year. But they have longest sale with great discounts during the first week of new year. This year they are offering some great courses for less than $10 up to January 9th.
This blog post aims to list top Udemy Courses for Web Development.
My choice of these courses are based on a combination of concepts + contents + real world projects + course updates + beginner friendliness + value for money. Honestly these are my personal opinion and selecting few courses from an ocean of courses was a real challenge.
HTML + CSS
- Modern HTML & CSS From The Beginning (Including Sass) by Brad Traversy | (Starts from scratch, really great projects)
- Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations and More! by Jonas Schmedtmann | (Best for advanced CSS concepts)
- Complete React Developer in 2020 (w/ Redux, Hooks, GraphQL) by Andrei Neagoie, Yihua Zhang | (Rank 1, Best Package with Good Projects + Tons of information + Firebase + Payment Gateway Integration + GraphQL + Performance + Testing)
- React Front To Back by Brad Traversy | (Rank 2, Less theory, More Practical Projects)
- React – The Complete Guide (incl Hooks, React Router, Redux) by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Rank 3, Good theory, In-depth, Single Burger Project for all concepts)
- Modern React with Redux [2019 Update] by Stephen Grider | (Rank 4, Good Theory, Video Player Project is good)
- The Complete React Developer Course (w/ Hooks and Redux) by Andrew Mead | (Rank 5, React Testing Part is good)
- Angular 8 – The Complete Guide (2020 Edition) by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Best In-depth Angular Course)
- Vue JS 2 – The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router & Vuex) by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Rank 1, In-depth course, Practical Projects)
- Vue JS Essentials with Vuex and Vue Router by Stephen Grider | (Rank 2, Good Theory)
- NodeJS – The Complete Guide (incl. MVC, REST APIs, GraphQL) by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Rank 1, Best In-depth course, great theory, practical concepts like sending emails, file upload, websockets, graphql, testing)
- Node JS: Advanced Concepts by Stephen Grider | (Rank 2, Great theory, practical concepts like file upload + data caching with redis + continous integration + performance enhancement + testing)
- The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition) by Andrew Mead, Rob Percival | (Rank 3, Good Practical Projects + Testing + socket.io + pagination + security)
- Node.js, Express, MongoDB & More: The Complete Bootcamp 2020 by Jonas Schmedtmann | (Rank 4, Payment Integration)
- GraphQL with React: The Complete Developers Guide by Stephen Grider | (Rank 1, Good theoretical concepts)
- The Modern GraphQL Bootcamp (with Node.js and Apollo) by Andrew Mead | (Rank 2, To the point and Practical)
- Python Django Dev To Deployment by Brad Traversy |(Best in-depth course on Django with practical project)
- PHP for Beginners – Become a PHP Master – CMS Project by Edwin Diaz, Coding Faculty Solutions | (Rank 1, Practical CMS Project which solidifies your PHP basics)
- Write PHP Like a Pro: Build a PHP MVC Framework From Scratch by Dave Hollingworth |(Rank 2, Teaches you basics with how to build a MVC Framework which is essential when you move to advanced php frameworks like laravel or symphony)
- The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert by Colt Steele, Ian Schoonover | (Best standalone SQL Course)
- MongoDB – The Complete Developer’s Guide 2020 by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Best standalone MongoDB course)
- MERN Stack Front To Back: Full Stack React, Redux & Node.js by Brad Traversy (Rank 1, Project on Social Network for Developers)
- Node with React: Fullstack Web Development by Stephen Grider (Rank 2, Project on Start up founder’s survey/feedback app)
- Angular & NodeJS – The MEAN Stack Guide [2020 Edition] by Maximilian Schwarzmüller | (Best and up to date MEAN stack course on Udemy)
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0 by Rob Percival | (Good if you want to gain skills and build full stack websites with time tested php + mysql combination)
- The Complete Junior to Senior Web Developer Roadmap (2020) by Andrei Neagoie | (Perfect to master advance concepts of web development such as Performance, Testing, Security, Code Analysis, CI/CD, Caching etc)
- Become a WordPress Developer: Unlocking Power With Code by Brad Schiff | (Best WordPress course which teaches you building interactive WordPress website with custom post types and theme. Starts from basic PHP skills)
I hope you will find these Udemy Courses useful in your web development journey. There are lots of other great instructors and great courses as well. I hope to cover lesser known instructors with great content in future post.
Keep Coding, Keep Smiling !
PS: If I have helped you and made a difference in your life, considering supporting my blog.